Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Headline News: the tiniest dictatorship in Europe falls

On the wikipedia homepage, the following headline item drew my eye: "The Channel Island Sark abolishes the last remaining feudal system in Europe. "

I laughed out loud several times while reading about this island. If we were any earlier in april I would strongly suspect an elaborate April Fools hoax, but this seems legitimate. Try finding the parts of the article referring to the "One Man Invasion" and "Clameur de Haro" for extra kicks. I used to think people living on small islands inevitably became crazy: I now know this for a fact!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Monitor de LCD, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://monitor-de-lcd.blogspot.com. A hug.